I am a good cook. I must tell you about this creation I made. Tofu Ceviche. now, before you go grabbing for you trashcan let me assure you it was a medley of beautiful flavors that had me lounging on the sands of the Caribean. I even followed a recipe; to a T. (that's new for me) I mean I even bought the special salt the recipe had in it. I was suprised by how good it was, suprised by the creation. Not because of the recipe itself but b/c I was the one in the kitchen.
I think I might be a fast runner, though I'd never tell myself that. I'm not good at words of affirmation.
I think I even fall into the category of "healthy person" if you were going by some gov't or healthy people 2010 standards. That's a good thing but yet I tell myself that my skin breaks out b/c I'm unhealthy.
I think I might be a good therapist. I even had my performance appraisal yesterday. The big dog said I was doing a great job. One of the best even. I'm a fish out a water I tell myself; just getting by on luck.
I might even be a good friend. Quick to forgive, lend a listening ear, eager to spend time. But maybe my advice is bad, my motives are shallow, and I'm boring.
We are our own worst critics. I'm realizing more and more as I grow up that I am very hard on myself. Actually, I just came to that realization within this year. For all the reasons the Lord gives that He loves us, I have hundreds to give why He shouldn't. And yet He does...and continues to.
I'm good enough, smart enough and gosh darnit...Jesus Loves Me!
~Carrie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love it cohen! thank you for reminding me of this...and yes, you my friend, are amazing! much love to all our amazing blog ladies:)
Post a Comment