Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Other Boyfriend

So..I’m juggling two relationships right now. Shhh..don’t tell.
It’s tiring, exhausting, extremely time consuming…but worth it.

One is a fairly new development. But the “other”, well..we’ve been off and on again for the past 10 years. Wow, we’ve been together quite a long time. And at the end of October we will embark on a journey that we’ve been anticipating a long time now. Yup, I’m finally ready to take the plunge. I think after 10 years of knowing each other it’s about time. But I didn’t realize that there was so much planning involved.

These two know about each other, but they don’t really like to spend time with one another. Well, actually, the one is over 5 hrs away now, so I can keep the other to myself. I’m giving them their distance, and let’s be honest, “R” and I have a special relationship and I really need to nurture it alone.

A friend at work is well aware of my exploits. She told me that I’m going to run myself ragged…”you need to cut back”. But how can I? R and I are in this for the long haul. I can remember being 16 and making this commitment that once we entered into this relationship it would be full speed ahead until our special day. I didn’t realize that the preparation would be so grueling. But I’m addicted. "He" is good to me. R helps me to realize my potentials, helps me think clearly, lets me be me, and accepts me for who I am, yet still challenges me to stride forward. Plus “he” requires no pizzaz from me; in fact, we work best when I’m in exercise clothes and sweat. That’s just how we like it.

So onward I go; spending daily time with one as the other is just a phone call away.

1 comment:

LT said...

Carrie Cohen--i love it! Great update girl...but i dont want to hear about "R" making you ragged and sick. Maybe you need to talk with "r" about some boundaries...