Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cupcakes

Ok ladies...will ya'll help me dream?

I want to open a cupcake shop and I'm actually serious about it. I need to get busy on some research (which i've been sporadically doing already for the last several months), but I really truly want to try to pursue this...Lord willing. I went to a bible study for the women in our community last night and there were two girls there who are actually doing it! They are specializing in mini cupcakes, which were so yummy, but is not really the direction I think I want to go in. Do ya'll think there is room for 2 cupcake businesses in the ATL (and I'm sure there are already more than this one...)? I feel like doing something like this is completely NOT natural to my dna, BUT when I saw those girls actually succeeding at something that I've been dreaming of doing, there was something inside of me that did not want to waste another minute NOT going for it. I'm scared and afraid that I won't go thru with it, but I'm perhaps MORE scared of what could happen to my soul (mainly, that it would shrivel up like a raisin!) if I continue to STAY where I am and dont run after something I have a passion for. Who knows, maybe I could get started and realize this is NOT my passion after all, but on the other hand...maybe it COULD be the beginning of a wonderful dream come true.

Am I thinking straight? Feedback any one? Would ya'll please pray...obviously this will not work unless the hand of the Lord is in it. Thank you a million times...love ya'll.

3 comments:

escutchfield said...

Lindsay...we had an issue in our local paper on the cupcake craze and there are a number of places here that have been very successful! I say go for it...suive tes reves!

CC said...

So remember the time we climbed up that very active volcano? we didn't know how we were going to make it to the top. deep within we both knew that we would, but we also glaringly knew that the journey was going to be tough. through the cussing, the grunting, heavy lifting and feeling as though we were the 2 slowest sloths around we made it to the top and we had such a victory celebration. I encourage you to tackle this 'volcano' that's before you. though you don't see the path, or know how your going to walk down it I want to urge you to strap on those boots, put on your protective clothing and go for it!!

Hanni Fanni said...

yes Linds! I had never really heard of "Cupcake Shops" until I moved to Seattle, but they are really popular here. There are two in Seattle you should check out. Kind of some unusual flavors - I remember a lavender one and a mint one.
Cupcake Royale - cupcakeroyale.com
Trophy Cupcake - trophycupcake.com
Check out their websites!
Do you want to do a store or more catering?
DO IT LINDS!